The NHT Public Satisfaction Survey collects public perspectives on, and satisfaction with, Highway and Transport Services in Local Authority areas.
It is a unique, standardised, collaboration between Highway Authorities across the UK enabling comparison, knowledge sharing, and the potential to improve efficiencies by the sharing of good practice. The NHT Survey is also referenced in the DfT's Incentive Fund Self-assessment process.
It gives participating Authorities:
- Compared with individual local surveys, it exploits the full benefits of scale, using a standard questionnaire to minimise print costs and spreads all other fixed costs amongst participants.
– The Survey provides comprehensive analysis of results by Authority and comparisons between Authorities, on a peer group or regional basis. All reports are accessible via this web site, which also captures and shares good and alternate practice.
- Accountable, Responsive & Transparent. Participating in the NHT Survey, acting on the public’s views and the open publishing of results helps demonstrate all three.
- All the development work has been done already, once you sign up the work to conduct the survey is done for you. All you have to do is pay the fee, provide an electronic copy of the Council's logo and a signature for a Council representative.
– The NHT Survey is now in it's tenth year with over 122 highway authorities having taken part.